Monday, September 13, 2010

This is a test

Moving to Botswana will provide several learning curves since the last time we lived in Africa in 2000.  Like creating voicemail on a cell phone.  Figuring out a MP3 player.  Facebook.  And now blogging.  Where have I been for the past ten years?  Yep, living a very content, relatively uncomplicated life right here in the US, not wanting to be bothered with things that seem to take up a lot of time.  But I am about to step into Africa time and will have literally countless hours to sort all this out as well as hopefully rediscover my creative self.

Fear not. I am not about to write about the minutia of my life, but if I don't write some of this stuff down, I am bound to forget it, so I hope to share some interesting, thoughtful observations about our life in Gab.

I felt like I just needed to send this out to see if anyone was interested.  (PS - I am still here in Dalton)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph
    I look forward to your posts from Africa, and your observations of modern African life. Hope Russ is settling in at the new digs. When are you leaving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see and hear more about Botswana. You and Russ are good narrators...makes us feel like we're right there (and hope to be some time in the future.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete