Thursday, June 16, 2011

The birthday boy

Today is Russ' 44th birthday. He says he feels his age but looks good to me. Well, I feel old too. Sometimes I literally shock myself when looking in the mirror when I wake up. What is most important though is that he is here, alive and in good health.

We are going to have lobsters and corn tonight, which is maybe his favorite summer meal. Who knew that scientists recently discovered that the previously dissed shellfish is high in Omega-3s? Those are the magic words for us but we will obviously be skipping the butter. Let's not tempt fate here. In place of butter, I think a tasty combo could be using garlic, lemon, and plain yogurt. On this heart friendly diet, we have been eating very well, but not exactly losing weight. I think when we are housesitting next month, it will be much easier.

I found all sorts of good things at the library yesterday - "109 things you can do to prevent, halt, and reverse heart disease" and "Understanding pain" (Time magazine) for Russ; a mindless summer novel and the latest New Yorker for me. He could probably use something fluffy to read too.

We welcomed the Stanley Cup as a nice diversion. Amazing how the Bruins pulled it out after three seven-game series. The Tour de France is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment